Security and Home Automation Representative (Base + commission)
Upstat Marketing–Burnaby, BC
Upstat Marketing is very excited to announce our recent partnership with BC Smart and we want you to be part of our sales team! People like you are the greatest assets to our sales success; that’s why we provide you with top of the line sales training and a killer compensation package.
Who is BC Smart?
BC Smart is a 100% Canadian owned company that provides smart home technology to everyday people. The company’s goal is to enable customers to maximize their time by taking advantage of superior products and services that will protect their homes and families in the most user friendly manner.
What is a Smart Home?
Imagine this for a second; You are driving home from a long day at work as you get to within 3 kilometers of your house your thermostat automatically adjusts from energy saving to comfort. As you drive along and get to within 1 kilometer of your home all of your lights turn on and right as you pull into your driveway the garage door opens and you pull inside. You then pull out your phone and with one tap of your smartphone screen your deadbolt unlocks and your alarm system disarms. That’s a smart home.
What will you be doing?
BC Smart recently partnered with a company that received a $40 million investment from Goldman Sachs.
This money allows us to give away full home automation and security packages with $0 cost for setup and $0 cost for equipment to qualified homeowners. Your job will be to do full in home presentations to homeowners showing them the value and “wow” factor of having a smart home system.
Required Skills and Experience
- Above the age of 18
- Fluent in English - Second language is an asset
- Prior sales and customer service experience is an asset
- Interest in and appreciation for technology
- Learn how products work and translate complicated technical jargon for the average consumer
- Decision-making skills and ability to troubleshoot issues with customers
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Goal oriented, self-motivated and willing to learn
- Strong people skills and positive attitude.
- MUST be free of a criminal record and able to receive a BC Security Workers License.
Compensation and Benefits
- BASE + COMMISSION, with average first year earnings of $80k.
- Training is provided.
- Environment where development and leadership skills are emphasized.
- Opportunity to advance to management. We promote from within.
- Travelling expenses are covered.
- Industry recognized resume experience
- Weekly pay